A downloadable game for Windows
Kynseed is a charming sandbox adventure from a couple of haggard old farts who worked on the Fable series at Lionhead Studios for over 10,000 years (give or take 9,975 years).
This prototype puts you on the family farm as a simple young lad and chucks in a few game systems and a bunch of collectibles for you to mess around with. There's even a minigame to discover if you can uncover the secrets to find it...
Please remember that Kynseed is very early into development and this prototype is missing whizzbang graphical features, tons of atmospheric audio, the medieval woodcut interface we want to go with, and so much more.
To find out more about what features we plan to have, and more about the game in general, please follow us on Twitter as or like us on Facebook I'm sure we'll natter about combat, pig markets, allergies, running businesses, monster poo, ageing, seasons, NPC reactions, Jack of All Trades, the mysterious Mr Fairweather, and just what the heck the Kynseed is (what is it with Lionhead Studios devs and their obsession with acorns?!).
After years of making eccentric, charming, and whimsical fantasy adventures in olde England type settings...we thought best to stick to what you know and make another.
We will be talking more about the wider game and features to come over the coming few days, weeks and months. In the meantime, please feel free to mess around in the prototype and, more importantly, we'd love to get some feedback and suggestions on our social channels or just get in touch at Feedback@Kynseed.com.
It's going to be an exciting ride and we can't wait for you to be a part of it!
- The PixelCount Team
KYNSEED PROTOTYPE GAMEPAD CONTROLS
(You can also access the list of controls ingame by pressing left on the D-PAD.)
Left Stick: Move player
Right Stick: Aim (slingshot, throwing, fishing rod and lantern focus)
RB: Hold to run
LEFT TRIGGER: Show info (NPC names and status, crop status, etc)
RIGHT TRIGGER: Use selected tool/item
A: Interact (hold A to interact/pick up item)
X, Y, B: Hold to bring up radial menu and left stick up/down to choose category or left/right to move selection wheel
X,Y, B: Tap to switch to the assigned tool/item (Right Trigger to use it)
D-PAD UP: Inventory
D-PAD DOWN: Tasks/Calendar
D-PAD LEFT: Show controls (this will eventually show the Skills screen)
D-PAD RIGHT: Map (the map is currently a placeholder)
UPDATE 4 CHANGE LOG
This was primarily a small update focused on fixing a few issues that we identified from watching a number of YouTube playthroughs. (Keep 'em coming for this new version as they're really helpful!) Otherwise, we've been making a good deal of progress on our Kynseed editor to smooth future development and to make it easier to make some new areas, some of which we may be hinting about soon. In the meantime, here's a brief overview of the notable changes in this update:
- Pig AI has been recalculated so that they can now see food on the ground.
- Vegetables no longer shrink from sickle harvesting.
- We've added in digging particles to highlight the digging spot.
- Player can no longer select the 'Use' command causing food to disappear into the ether.
- The old map interface has been replaced with maps that can be found in the environment. These new maps also highlight areas of interest.
- It seems the trader has one new thing in stock...
- There's a new trait to discover.
- Picking up items is a bit more user friendly now.
- A few collision issues are now sorted.
- Numerous tiny fixes in the editor and engine.
Fixes, improvements, and changes are being made to the game regularly. Here's some of the more common issues you may come across:
- The lantern can vanish from your radial if you fall asleep with it on. Simply reassign it.
- Dragging on the rod can catch fish a tad too easily but rather too easy than too hard right now - might be an effect of rod leveling.
- Might (or might not) get a bit of stutter when playing the Eldrytch Marbles minigame a while but it often smooths out eventually.
© PixelCount Studios 2017
|Published||64 days ago|
|Tags||16-bit, 2D, Action RPG, Dark Fantasy, Fantasy, farming, Pixel Art, Relaxing, Sandbox, Top Down Adventure|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers|
Extract the files from the zip and run Kynseed.exe in the Kynseed folder.
This game requires a Windows 7 or later PC with a DirectX 11 compatible graphics card. Kynseed uses the Monogame framework and all the required DLLs are included in the game directory. If you have a red screen error please take a screenshot and post it to the discussion board, contact us on Twitter, or email us at Feedback@Kynseed.com.